Saturday 9 November 2013

[Photo Walk] Po Hing Fong, Sheung Wan Hong Kong

I used to walk from Mid-levels to Central or Sheung Wan almost everyday when I was young. After so many years, I decided to go for a photo walk around that area this morning before meeting mom for sushi lunch in Tsim Sha Tsui. Po Hing Fong was the highlight and in fact I was planning to go for a cup of coffee at Cafe Deadend. Anyways, I got off the bus at Ladder Street and started my journey.

A traditional HK-style Coffee Shop right at the top of Ladder Street
And see this endless stairs leading one straight down to Sheung Wan... guess that's why the street named Ladder Street. (It's easy to go down but one walks up here from Sheung Wan, it's just like climbing up a super long ladder.)
Endless stairs on Ladder Street
I turned left on the Caine Lane and there I saw a brick-wall building. It is the Old Pathological Institute. Time was limited this morning and I didn't get a chance to go inside to have a look. Well, next time maybe...
Old Pathological Institute
White flower blossoms on the side of the path
Right next to Old Pathological Institute is Caine Lane Garden. It so happened that the gardener was watering the plants and I got to take a picture of this purple flower with water drops on its petals.
It looks like its sweating...
Children's Playground in Caine Lane Garden

Passing through the garden came to Po Hing Fong at where Cafe Deadend locates. It was only 11 am and there was already a long queue outside the cafe, so I didn't get to have my cup of coffee this time. BUT it's not the end of the day, right at the corner was a very eye-catching bakery, Po's Atelier. There were a selections of bread and pantries in the bakery. My mom loves eating bread, so I bought her 3 different kinds to try. (Mind you, the bread are quite pricey. It costed around $20 something each and the sizes are bit small.) If I ever get a chance to work in such a bakery, I would be a happy bunny. =D
Po's Atelier
Along Po Hing Fong, there are other interesting shops like a trendy home furniture shop, a pet shop, a gallery and even an old carpenter.
Reflection of the yellow tiger truck
The Gallery and Art Restoration

The Carpenter

Home Furniture Shop
From there, I slowly walked to Central and passed by many coffee shops and restaurants. I was so hungry by then and lucky it was almost time to meet up with mom for lunch. While walking, I was thinking where I should go next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment