Monday 4 November 2013

[Lifestyle] Roast Pigeon lunch in Lung Wah Hotel, Shatin

When I was young, my father always took me to have roast pigeons in Shatin. There were a couple of local restaurants that served excellent roast pigeons in that area back then. Most of them have been closed down and Lung Wah Hotel (龍華酒店) apparently is the only famous one left. Lung Wah Hotel was used to be a hotel but nowadays it is just a restaurant and also a tourist spot. The food, however, was quite disappointing and quite pricey nonetheless there were still so many tourists who come all the way to try the renowned roast pigeons out. As for me, I don't think I will go there again and I won't recommend this restaurant to my friends either. Oh well, maybe just go there for a walk or pay a visit to the peacocks.

Old style housing next to the path

A small store selling snacks and beverages

The lantern-decorated path leading to the restaurant

Garden, Lung Wah Hotel

A sedan chair for wedding

Lung Wah Hotel

The famous roast pigeons

No comments:

Post a Comment