Thursday 2 May 2013

[Lifestyle] A Girlie Saturday Afternoon

Last Saturday I went to The Girls Room in Sheung Wan to attend a Floral Teacup Set Making class with friend-Z. I've always been wanting to pay a visit to this place after reading about it on magazines. The Girls Room is located in a commercial building and the place is decorated somewhat like the sitting room in my boarding house of my secondary school. There are lots of props and party things to play around with, from magic wands to party hats, and we had such a good time taking lots of pictures.

The Girls Room

In such a delightful afternoon, I got to meet with some lovely ladies. The instructor of the floral teacup making, Trista, is so gentle and feminine. No wonder she is so good at handcrafting. So much patience and deep concentration are needed to create a beautiful piece and PATIENCE is something that I am seriously lack of. However, I did enjoy every step of the floral teacup making.

Floral Teacup Set Making

Having lesson was not the only thing we did for that afternoon, we also had a tea party after our hard work. One of the ladies is a patisserie and I ain't sure whether she is doing it as a full-time job but her macaron was the best I have ever had. She also showed us photos of the cupcakes and decorated cakes she made. They were all so pretty and most important of all... they are all edible!!!! I always find it amazing for someone to be so passionate about something he/she does. Probably just because I still couldn't find one thing that I really enjoy doing and I'm an ever-changing person. Guess I'm just interested in everything but never good at any of them.

Homemade Macarons



No comments:

Post a Comment